II Montemor-o-Novo International Watercolor MeetingRead More
Artistic Escapade in Guincho - CascaisRead More
Art Holiday in CascaisRead More
Paint in Portugal has now another exciting project : Silk painting. Together with an old friend we started to paint in natural silkRead More
Saturday was the Opening of an exhibition by Margarida Ornelas and Margarida Fonseca in “5A de Rana”, a coffeeshop In S. Domingos de Rana.
This time we had some watercolour classes with the painter Carlos Marques. We did also a Silk Painting workshop...Read More
...you can spend the whole day painting or you can just choose to paint in the morning and have the afternoons free to visit Cascais, or other surrounding.Read More
6th edition of LUMINA light Festival in Cascais...Read More
Painting day in Marechal Carmona Park, in picnic park...
Painting Academy in Parque das Nações, another Carlos Marques project...Read More
It's the middle of summer. But in Cascais it's just starting!
August and September Cascais is celebrating the summer and the sea!
Here are some suggestions for you to have fun and enjoy these months:
- Festivals of the Sea - Cascais
- Estoril in Movement
- Lumina, the Light Festival - Cascais
Festivals of the Sea - Cascais
-- 18th, Aug to 27th, Aug --
“The only free summer festival in Portugal is back, and it’s coming to a stage right by the Atlantic Ocean."
The Festival this year brings a diverse programme that goes from pop rock to fado, from symphonic to soul music.
During the last night, there will be an homage to one of the greatest bands of all time. The Cascais Symphonic, directed by maestro Nicolay Lalov along with The Bootleg Beatles, will interpret some of the greatest themes of the historical Beatles.
As always, at the end of the Festival, there will be the already traditional firework show over Cascais Bay.
- Friday, 18th - Pedro Vaz | D.A.M.A.
- Saturday, 19th - Capitão Capitão | HMB
- Sunday, 20th - Felipe Fontenelle | Tiago Bettencourt & Carminho
- Monday, 21th - Joana Alegre | Miguel Angelo & Miguel Gameiro
- Tuesday, 22th - NEEV | Aurea
- Wednesday, 23th - Great Night of Fado | Fado by the Window (7:40 PM) | Marco Rodrigues | Katia Guerreiro
- Thursday, 24th - Ditch Days |Miguel Araújo with António Zambujo
- Friday, 25th - The Happy Mess | The Black Mamba
- Saturday, 26th - Rogério Charraz | Rui Veloso
- Sunday, 27th - Paulo Sousa | Cascais Symphonic with The Bootleg Beatles - Commemoration of the 50 year anniversary of the Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album
Concerts start at 8:30 PM| Fireworks: 27 August | Procession in honour of Our Lady of Navigators: 20 August, 3 PM”
Festas do Mar, Cascais
-- 18 Ago a 27 Ago --
“O único Festival de Verão gratuito em Portugal regressa ao palco mais perto do Atlântico. A Baía de Cascais recebe este ano um dos melhores cartazes de sempre das Festas do Mar”…
- Sexta, 18 - Pedro Vaz | D.A.M.A
- Sábado, 19 - Capitão Capitão | HMB
- Domingo, 20 - Felipe Fontenelle | Tiago Bettencourt & Carminho
- Segunda, 21 - Joana Alegre | Miguel Angelo & Miguel Gameiro
- Terça, 22 - NEEV | Aurea
- Quarta, 23 - Grande Noite do Fado | Fado á Janela (19h40) | Marco Rodrigues | Katia Guerreiro
- Quinta, 24 - Ditch Days | Miguel Araújo convida António Zambujo
- Sexta, 25 - The Happy Mess | The Black Mamba
- Sábado, 26 - Rogério Charraz | Rui Veloso
- Domingo, 27 - Paulo Sousa | Sinfónica de Cascais convida The Bootleg Beatles - Comemorações dos 50 anos do álbum Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band."
- Concertos a partir das 20h30 | Fogo-de-artifício: 27 de agosto | Procissão em honra de Nossa Sra. dos Navegantes: 20 de agosto, 15h00
“O funcionamento dos estabelecimentos comerciais foi alargada até à meia-noite entre os dias 18 e 27 de agosto, período correspondente à realização das Festas do Mar”.
Estoril in Movement
-- 15th, Sep to 17th, Sep --
In the weekend of 15th , 16th and 17th September , the Casino Estoril gardens will be full of movement!
This is an event to solidarity. It aims to generate a strong bond with families. This is an event where everyone can participate with activities, sales and there will be very diversified food for all tastes!
And all this in the popular Casino garden.
Estoril em Movimento
-- 15 Set a 17 Set --
No fim de semana de 15, 16 e 17 de Setembro de 2017, os jardins do Casino Estoril vão encher-se de Movimento!
Este é um evento para a solidariedade. Pretende gerar uma forte ligação às famílias. É um evento em que todos podem participar com actividades, vendas, e haverá comida muito diversificada para todos os gostos! Tudo isto no emblemático jardim do Casino…
LUMINA, The Light Festival - Cascais
-- 22th, Sep to 24th, Sep --
The 6th edition of LUMINA Light Festival will take place from 22nd to 24th of September in Cascais. LUMINA is an unique event in Portugal that recreates the city’s urban space with shows of light and colour, multimedia projections and interactive installations.
With artworks by national and international artists, the festival, considered by The Guardian one of the 10 best Light Festivals in Europe, highlights the historical heritage of the streets of Cascais through a walk, while providing unique moments of discovery among family or friends.
Nature is the theme that will move the creativity of the invited artists in this edition of LUMINA Light Festival 2017.
LUMINA, o Festival da Luz - Cascais
-- 22 Set a 24 Set --
Brilhante pelo tema e sua magnitude, este festival de luz, único em Portugal, apresenta efeitos 3D, grafitis de luz, projeções multimédia e instalações artísticas que interagem com os visitantes.
São mais de 400 mil pessoas que anualmente visitam a Vila durante este evento, este ano dedicado à natureza.
Today we had a watercolour workshop with the artist Carlos Marques in his studio...Read More
This park has wide lawns, a forest with large trees and romantic walking routes.Read More
If you are searching for a perfect space devote to your painting in a beautiful environment...Read More
Our painting meeting, last Wednesday, in Ponta do Sal Esplanade was very interesting! We had with us an artist from Letónia that came to paint with us here in Cascais.Read More
Foi um workshop maravilhoso com um grupo de artistas fantástico que decorreu no ambiente tranquilo da Fundação “O Século” em S.Pedro do Estoril.Read More
A spectacular spring day, perfect for open air painting! The sea was so strong and the big waves exuded a very nice smell of sea air and the colours of the sea varying from grayish green and a blue and light green, depending on the colour of the sky.Read More
It was yesterday the opening of the Carlos Marques Painting Exhibition, in Ericeira.
The weather was not very good, as usually in Carnival in Portugal.
However the opening of the exhibition, was very lively with lots of people,...
Paint in Portugal organised an acrylic painting workshop for all abilities.
The workshop was oriented by Ana Margarida, acrylic tutor and also specialised in mural painting.
It was the coldest day I remember this Winter… When I arrived at Ponta do Sal Esplanade it was so cold that was impossible to stay outdoor!Read More